This is your opportunity to be involved in an exciting new project at Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect), which will deliver a information sessions and workshops across NSW using a culturally inclusive program to support parents and carers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people with Autism Spectrum Disorders. The project aims to build awareness and capacity, therefore enabling them to support their child’s learning outcomes.On a Full Time, 12 month fixed term contract, working in an excellent team environment, with competitive remuneration with excellent salary packaging Essential criteria
- Engaging in respectful and collaborative partnership and building processes with key members of Aboriginal communities in the planning, delivery and support of this program
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities on specific projects
- Experience in conducting research and/or outcomes focused projects with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to deadline
- Highly developed written, oral communications, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills
- Able to undertake travel within NSW
- Use of car and current driver’s licence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in working with students with ASD and/or other disabilities and parent/carers of children/young people with ASD
- Knowledge of current research evidence base in the education of students with ASD and building sustainable networks to support parents/carers
Competitive salary package to be negotiated based on qualifications and experience. Excellent salary packaging opportunities available.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Autism Spectrum Australia is a Public Benevolent Institution and EEO employer.
Closing date: 1 April 2011